[Winetest RFI] What do you want out of the test suite?

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 04:42:30 CDT 2007

Paul Vriens wrote:
> Wagner Ferenc wrote:
>> Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I've been playing a bit with have the 'todo_<platform>' on the page.
>>> In theory
>>> it's possible that there are todo_<platform>'s that why I don't refer
>>> to todo_wine.
>>>
>>> On http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_orig/ you can see the
>>> current
>>> situation for some random test results.
>>>
>>> On http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_with_todo/ I've added a
>>> column
>>> with todo's if one or more tests have a todo_item. This todo columns
>>> will only
>>> be present in the main summary and shows the maximum number of todo's
>>> for that
>>> test for that platform.
>>>
>>> I've tried adding the todo information to the current table cells but
>>> didn't
>>> find a satisfactory (that is nice looking) way. This is especially
>>> true for
>>> tests that also have a skip.
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Why not introduce something like
>>
>> .todo_pass {
>>         background-color: #60ff60;
>>         border-right-style: solid;
>>         border-left-style: solid;
>>         border-width: thick;
>>         border-left-color: #ffffff;
>>         border-right-color: #60ff60;
>> }
>>
>> That way todo_wine needn't be special in any way, and this notation
>> also carries over for the individual test results (which should be the
>> same, but some more visualization can't hurt).  In the group overview
>> the tooltip could also be extended by this information.
>>
>> Unless you can use some clever inheritance (cascading), you'll
>> have to introduce all of .todo_skip_pass, .todo_mixed, etc. but that's
>> manageable.
>>
>> I chose white border color in the above example, as I couldn't come up
>> with anything better.  Besides clashing with the textual fields (.,
>> crash, timeout, etc.) it's not bad in my opinion.  We could as well
>> live with it.
>
> Hi Feri,
>
> It will not clash btw as failed/crash/timeout tests will not have todo's
> (they are catched already in gather).
>
> It will probably boil down to what people prefer. I'll have a go at your
> idea (I've played already with the same idea as said, but didn't liked
> the results then) and post another link. Then it will come down to
> voting :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

OK, I gave it a try.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_with_todo_white_border/ shows a white
border on the left side but can hardly be noticed I think.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_with_todo_yellow_border/ shows a
yellow border on the left which is a bit better (again I think).

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_with_todo_yellow_border_and_group/ is
the same but also shows that are are todo's for a group in the summary.

(The yellow border will clash with the mixed results).

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Paul.