News on Wine 1.1.21/MacOSX/XQuartz 2.3.3

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun May 17 19:59:49 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 6:43 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Austin English wrote:
>> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 6:49 AM, Steven Edwards
>> <sedwards at bordeauxgroup.com> wrote:

>>> I tested this last night myself and am running winetest now. I still
>>> get a few d3d texture failures but that could be because my mini's a
>>> POS with the Intel GMA card. I'm interested in seeing other results so
>>> if you get a chance could you (or anyone else lurking with OS X) do a
>>> winetest run?
>>>

>> Ideally, against a more recent wine version.
>>
>> Shameless plug:
>> I've got a script to do it, but no one that I know of is testing it on
>> OS X. If someone could test it, I'll add any needed fixes:
>> http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/build_script/daily.sh
>>

> Austin:
>
> Contact Mike Kronenberg or Zach Drayer and see what they currently
> have.  I know that Mike's builds add all of the necessary libraries to
> the Application Object.  That keeps the system clean and allows for
> 'Drag and Drop' installation/removal of Wine for MacOSX.  Your script
> seems to be clean as well, but has no MacOSX functionality added to it.
> Would be nice if it were there.

It's not really made to install all the needed dependencies (there is
install-wine-deps.sh for that).

The Mac platform is so different in many ways that it's a bit hard to
do. Does the user want to use fink/macports? Or install each from
source? Do we install to /usr/local/bin? Or to a custom directory
elsewhere? It's a big mess...

There is an OS X code path in place, but it is untested.

--
-Austin