WineTestBot status update

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 14 19:03:03 CST 2013

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Francois Gouget wrote:

> The WineTestBot has a new Windows XP VM. Windows Update keeps breaking
> which prevented me from installing all the updates I wanted so I'll do
> some more work on it at some point. Currently it has SP3 and Internet
> Explorer 7.

It turns out that installing SP3 did not break Windows Update. It's just
that it takes 12 hours for it to come up with the list of the 131
critical and 16 optional updates to perform. After that the updates
install in under 4 hours, Genuine Windows Advantage included.

So the WineTestBot now has a fully up to date Windows XP VM with
Internet Explorer 8. And like the Windows 8.1 VM it also has extra
components, in this case Windows Search 4, Silverlight, optional Direct
X components, msxml4 SP3, Visual C++ 2005 SP1, 2008 SP1 and 2010 SP1
runtimes.

Let me know if you find missing dlls.

Have fun!

--