po: Revise Russian translation

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 09:35:11 CDT 2014

On 4/5/2014 18:17, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks good. I especially like changes like these:
>>
>> ---
>> -msgstr "Пожалуйста, выберите файл."
>> +msgstr "Выберите файл."
> No, this doesn't match the original english text.
I matches okay and sounds better. Verb form is already in plural which
makes 'please' redundant. Same thing as for 'Вы' garbage when used to
address one person.
>   Some other translations
> don't match either, for instance
>
>>   "This large number of copies is not supported by your printer.\n"
>>   "Please enter a value between 1 and %d."
>>   msgstr ""
>> -"Такое большое количество копий не может быть напечатано вашим принтером.\n"
>> +"Такое большое количество копий не может быть напечатано этим принтером.\n"

What you mean? 'your' translated literally is out of place here. Article
or a possessive pronoun before a noun is not a requirement in Russian,
as I'm sure you know. In this particular phase it would be enough to say
'не поддерживается принтером'. No need to literally match English variant.