IPX support in Starcraft - Why can't I get it working?

David Bronaugh dbronaugh at linuxboxen.org
Tue Dec 4 21:26:50 CST 2001

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:53:37 Glenn Schrader wrote:

> I've been successfully running Starcraft in multiplayer LAN mode and it
> uses IPX
> with NO crypto. A while back I attempted to connect to BattleNET and
> debug the
> problems but it complains about needing the crypto dll (as you've said)
> and maybe
> some other stuff.  I didn't get very far.
> ---
> Glenn Schrader

Hmm.. well, all I'm trying for is IPX over LAN. Perhaps you can give me
some tips or pointers... as I have stated before, I'm using WINE 20011108
(on Debian 2.2, but I built it from source), Starcraft 1.07, and I have
IPX crap loaded into the kernel, etc etc etc. It *should* work, but it
doesn't (dialog pops up, "Unable to initialize network provider" when I
click IPX network game, and select "OK").

David Bronaugh