Another Half Life error

Markus Holzapfel benu at madrid.uni-paderborn.de
Mon Mar 5 07:09:08 CST 2001

Rick Knight <rick at rlknight.com> wrote:
> Thanks to help form this group, I finally have Half Life installed,
> running and using my nVidia Gforce2 GTS with OpenGL. Wow. Now I still
> have one error. When I start Half-Life I get this message...

I still haven't been able to get HL running except in sw mode :-(
If you could be so kind as to post what i must do step by step.
I have a nvidia card too. I downloaded the 20010112 source from
winehq and patched the winehqdiff and transgaming patch into it.
I compiled it with --enable-opengl. I set dga off and double-buffering
on. I installed the glext.h. Is there a way to tell if maybe the
nvidia drivers aren't installed correctly? I installed them by hand
(and made backups of all the mesa .so it wanted deleted) and maybe
i have to put a link somewhere?!? I think that maybe wine is looking
for mesa libs and doesn't compile in support for the nvidia libs.
I played some games of cs in sw mode but that is unplayable :-(
Please help,

Markus