error opening MS Access .mbd

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Apr 19 10:07:42 CDT 2004

>I have a Windows app that I'd really like to get to
>work under Wine (ver 20040309).  It stores its data in
>a Microsoft Access (.mdb) file which it attempts to
>open on startup.  It doesn't work.  The only feedback
>I get is an error message:
>
>"Error opening database
> Error: 800401f3
> Unknown error 0x800401F3"
>
>I tried google search on that error code, and the
>error might have something to do with regsvr32.
>(http://www.15seconds.com/faq/ASPMail/522.htm)
>
>The database is the default start-up database that is
>created with the installer, I'm pretty sure it's not a
>problem with that file.
>
>Could anyone help me out or suggest something else to
>try?

I don't know about this error, but I also fiddled around with
an ACCESS mdb. I had problems as the OLE Variant
functions weren't fully working, especially the string
functions, resulting in truncated table names and alike.

Try a log with +ole, maybe you can see something
which goes wrong. And maybe also report any messages
that appear on the command line, not only dialog boxes.

bye Fabi