[Wine]Wine and ALSA

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 11:37:27 CDT 2005

Joachim,
   On paper I think the answer is 'dmix'. I've not bothered to try
this out myself (haven't had a need) but I'm pretty sure it's intended
to address exactly the issue you are seeing. You may need to develop
some sort of virtual sound card in a local rc file. Not sure.

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=DmixPlugin

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ALSA_sound_mixer_aka_dmix

NOTE: I think the way you stated the problem below is a little bit
incorrect, at least on a standard Linux system. Normally there isn't
both Alsa and OSS running. There is only Alsa. What you are talking
about here is OSS emulation by Alsa ofor certain applications and then
mixing it back in with sound from Alsa applications. Is that correct?

HTH,
Mark