[Wine] Re: Wine cvs How do I injstall this??

Huk Flashpoint at op.pl
Sun May 14 06:08:43 CDT 2006

Aggro wrote:
> Huk wrote:
> > I'm new to linux community and I want to install wine from cvs.
>
> Are you sure you want to do that? I have to ask, because 100% of old
> Windows users I have encountered, usually try to do things with the hard
> way, when there are very easy alternatives they could do.
>
> If you want the cvs version, you propably want to be a wine developer?
> If not, are you sure the latest release version isn't good enough for
> you? If isn't that much older, but should be more stable.
>
> If the latest release version is good enough for you, what Linux
> distribution you are using? There are quite a few packages ready to be
> installed on various of Linux distributions.

Sorry I forgot - I'm using Ubuntu 5.10. I have already tried out wine
0.9.11/12/13(last one was compiled from the source by myself but I
think everything was ok wiht it) but some people told me to try out cvs
version because (as they said) "It runs more things on my PC then
normal precompiled package". That's why I wan't to install it and try
out :)

Even if what they said isn't 100% accurate I would like to know how to
install it (I want to lear everything I can befor I throw Windows
away), so please help me to understand it.

P.S.

Sorry (again) for my english