[Wine] wine install mac os x (x86)

Walt Burkhard burkhard at yew.ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 6 22:01:06 CST 2006

Hello,

I have compiled and installed (almost) wine 0.9.24 within Mac OS X tiger 4.8
with X11 etc installed.  The wine configure and compile steps complete
without a warning/hitch etc.

However, when I run wine <prog> I receive the following warning message --

	Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
	use True Type fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
	or equal to 2.0.5.
	http://www.freetype.org
This message is repeated one more time.

Wine does work (with strange results for some lettering!)

I have previously installed FreeType 2.1.10 from DarwinPorts; it is used
elsewhere currently.

I have checked config.log and all the freetype activity seems to be directed to
/opt/local/{lib,include,bin};  these are the directories utilized by DarwinPorts.

What else do I have to do (modify the configure file?) so the wine executable
locates the FreeType facilities?

Many thanks in advance.

Walt Burkhard