[Wine] Planning first Linux/Wine install

anandpursahibwale at yahoo.com anandpursahibwale at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:00 CDT 2007

I'm planning my first Linux/Wine install.  Is there any advantage to
having a Windows (say W2K) partition to install Win apps to, when the
plan is to run them under Wine/Linux?

I do have a licensed copy of W2K, so I could do that if it were an
advantage (e.g., is it easier to install difficult or unruly win apps
under windows first?).

Any other suggestions (I'm planning out my partition sizes on a blank
73GB SCSI HD now).

Actually, I did install Linux successfully once about 7 years ago, but
I didn't use it.  I'm giving up on OS/2 after 13 years, and don't
really want to rely on W2K, though I may need to use MS Office and a
few other win apps on occasion.

Thanks
APSW