[Wine] Re: DC++ problem

magus kent nobody at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:51 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka <skorka at gmx.net> wrote in
news:elq8un$vc1$4 at news2.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de:

> magus kent <nobody at spamcop.net> wrote:
>> Linux newbie here.
>> WinXPPro, PCLinuxOS, wine version 1.0.9.23-1, DC++ version
>> .668 Finally got it to load, read my shares and go online.
>>  Problem is if I minimize the program, on maximize the
>> screen does not refresh.  All I get is a border with the
>> radio buttons in the upper right corner with my desktop
>> visible.  DC++ continues to run.  If I select the
>> shut-down button the "do you really want to quit" dialogue
>> box pops up as expected but the program doesn't terminate.
>>  The window shade trick doesn't work either.  I've moved
>> the dlls into the wine/system32 directory as per web page:
>> http://funkfunk.orcon.net.nz/dcwine.html....Any help would
>> be appreciated...TIA...m
>
> First of, you do know there are at least two linux gui dc++
> clients? Second, in what way is your windows version
> relevant to this? Third, the howto talks about
> ~/.wine/fake_windows. Any sane wine setup has
> ~/.wine/drive_c instead. Did you take that fact in account
> when installing DLLs?
> Finally, the HOWTO is horribly outdated. There hasn't been
> a ~/.wine/config file for 1.5 years.
>
> Daniel

First of all, read the first line of my post.  I unashamedly
admit my newbie-hood and beg tolerance from any Linux gurus
who may deign to answer my plea (sarcasm).
Not mentioned in my post is that the hubs I subscribe to
require either DC++ or Strong DC.  I didn't feel the need to
mention that.  My question is about a specific program.  Doing
a search on DC++ does yield links to at least two other Linux
natives.
Second.  The more information, even if not germane, the
better.  Different Win versions = different dlls as far as I
know.
Third. Whatever.  Mine installed itself as "drive_c".  DLLs
went into its sub-directory of system32.
Finally.  Yes. Outdated.  Please point me to a current How-to
that addresses my problem. I believe bugzilla had a mention of
my window behavorial problem and mentioned three different
graphics mode..which I didn't know of..and I'll have to look
into it this weekend..
Thats why I am forced to actually use a news group to ask a
question to display my ignorance and ineptitude in front of
the entire world instead of just doing a search and getting
all of my answers the easy way...  ;)...m