[Wine] Re: AutoCAD and Wine

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 1 11:22:55 CDT 2009

ruelle wrote:
> a good news about autoCAD:
> http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=23584&sid=450fb2ccd4751fd3d6d5528da00ef90d
>
> thank you Max!!
>
> when the patch will be accepted in official wine-git?

Hi ruelle,

As Austin said, MText crash (point 1 of post you linked) is fixed in git.

Point 2, aka the DIB engine, won't very probably never be accepted on wine (at least, my solution), so the only way by now is to patch wine.
I'm thinking to upload somewhere the gdi32.dll.so and winedib.drv.dll.so
precompiled files for people who want to test without rebuild wine....

Point 3, if you need it, hasn't be accepted too.... some time ago.
I've no time nor fun to make it "acceptable" by now, so if you've also problems with printer format (which is most probably if you use Autocad not just to draw your kitchen furniture.....), just grab the patch on bug page and apply it :-)

I'm also thinking on making a debian pre-built patched wine package, for AutoCAD users.... if I've time to do it, I'll post news here.

Ciao

Max