[Wine] Printing from Darwine (OS X)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 29 19:52:49 CDT 2010

DanDude wrote:
> I'm somewhat new to wine on my Mac so I read the wineHQ wiki (http://wiki.winehq.org/Printing) and searched the forums but didn't come up with anything which I saw was an answer.
>
> I am running 1 specific app through darwine on my mac and when I try to print it says there are no printers.  I saw references to something called cups-pdf but that looks like it's just a virtual printer.  I need to be able to print to real printers from inside wine.  Is there some special config I have to set up?  Something I need to enable?

Have you configured your printers to work from MacOSX and have you
tested them?

If not, you will have to do so.

The printing system used by your Mac is called CUPS.  cups-pdf is a
driver that interfaces between the pdf print system installed on your
Mac and the CUPS print system so you can print pdf files from programs
running in Wine.

James McKenzie