[Wine] Steam Games/Full Screen/No Keyboard???

Jesse Palser SLNTHERO at AOL.com
Sat Dec 4 10:49:28 CST 2010

Steam Games/Full Screen/No Keyboard???

Hi,

There is a major problem running Valve Steam client games
in full screen under current 1.3.8 Wine 32bits.

The problem is simple, but may be difficult to fix.
I run Steam client and then run a game (example CoD:Black Ops)
Game runs fine in full screen mode, but the keyboard does not work?
The problem is with Valve's Steam client stealing the keyboard focus
after the game is running in full screen mode.

Only method to escape the full screen game is to turn off computer
[Alt]+[Tab] is accessable, but not working to switch away from game.
Running the game in a windows is choppy and not recommended.

I hope this can either be fixed in Wine or someone knows of a workaround.

Thanks!

Jesse