[Wine] Dragon Age Origins Awakening

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 21 21:30:53 CDT 2010

Salim wrote:
> I have managed to install DAO:Awakening. It is working in the sense that you can get into the game and play the game but a lot of item text is missing. For example, many new items have no description and appear in my inventory as gxa_im_(code) . Also I have unlocked battlemage by buying the book, however I cannot level up as battlemage, I cannot click the specialization button, nor does any text appear describing what the specialization is. Also none of the new spells have any description text.

Can you start DAO:Awakening from a terminal session and capture a
logging file?

Instructions can be found in the Wine FAQ at:

http://wiki.winehq.com/FAQ#get_log

Since I expect this file to be lengthy, can you post it to a site like
pastebin.com and then post the URL to the file here?

The log file will give us an idea on how to proceed.

Thank you.

James McKenzie