[Wine] Pulse audo in 1.3.25+

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:21:38 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:29 PM, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:54 AM, oiaohm <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

>> > ALSA lib pcm_pulse.c:1008:(_snd_pcm_pulse_open) Unknown field
>> > handle_underrun
>>

>> This is why.  output streem will have failed to open because of that.
>>
>> So its the "multimedia-git" where this is coming from.  People developer
>> branches for testing out future forms has some nasty requirements.  Like the
>> git version of pulseaudio as well.  That supports the handle_under-run
>> feature.
>>
>> Emulation is the required state to use pulseaudio if you have a working
>> version of it.
>>
>> MacNean Tyrrell basically nice sweet spot wine has to ask for that feature
>> since windows applications believe it perfectly fine to under run a audio
>> buffer.
>>

> Why is wine requesting the feature.  It stops wine from crashing the
>> complete pulseaudio server due to it not handling underruns.
>>
>> Yes its better to be pulseaudio incompadible until it underrun in it get
>> more common.
>>

>> I dont' think I'm understanding you well.  I have set it to emulation,
> does 1.3.27 non multimedia git work with no sound lag?  1 reason I love the
> wine-pulse patch for previous wines was no sound lag at all, anytime I chose
> alsa/emulation I got sound lag.  I haven't tested alsa in a long time on
> regular wine.  Maybe I'll compile a fresh 1.3.27 and test it.
>
> So are you saying future versions of wine/pulseaudio will allow them to
> work hand in hand without patches/emulation/etc?

Well that's a refreshing sight.  Vanilla 1.3.27 sound works for me with
Alsa/Full (if I set emulation like you recommend I get no sound).  I like
keeping up on the wine releases, so this is good.  No sound lag anymore for
me (don't know if that's because of the mmdevapi rewrite or if pulse is just
handling the alsa plugin better now).  And my mouse patch still works, so
onto 1.3.27 for me.  Weird not having pulse for wine (and seeing the
application names, just alsa-plugin) but glad the newer ones are working.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell