[Wine] Re: How to get my applications visible under Programs?

paulckruger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 8 10:56:08 CST 2011

> Which IE version were you trying to use?
>
> I am not going to assume that you used Winetricks
> (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks) to install IE with.

I did use winetricks as that was the only way I could get it to install.

Earlie I thought I installed ie7 because all indications was that it did install. Files are there however there is nothing in /Program Files folder.

The did the winetricks to install ie8 which worked (sort of?) because when I clicked the .exe it launced once then crashed with no specific error.

Now if I try to launch either 7 or 8 the blank wine desktop opens briefly and closes. Nothing happens and no ie.

( BTW how do I determine the WINE version I have. Just installed the other day so assumed it was current and no updates show available in the updater )