[Wine] No sound in World of Warcraft - intermittant.

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Nov 21 12:09:43 CST 2011

On 11/21/2011 10:22 AM, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
> OK, yes 550 is less then 460 (yes I mean GTX, don't get gts/gt for
> gaming anyways). But it's not better. At least all previous it was the
> x60 that went up in performance by tons compared to the x50.

I agree, even though we would expect all the "5xx" series cards to be
better than any of the "4xx" series cards that isn't the case. Nvidia
has a change in the card specs between the "x50" or less and the "x60"
or higher cards in any series. The higher than "x60" cards of a previous
series will be better hardware than the "x50" and lower cards of the new
series. It's annoying to remember and keep track of when comparing cards.

>  Damn you guys getting ripped off. Or maybe it's shipping. But I got 2
> gtx 460's on sale with $30 mail in rebate for under $100 total cost
> each. Which is like 64 pounds or something. I mean I just looked
> newegg, think you can get 1 for $140 which is like 89 pounds.

Ick, yes. In a previous post when he said it was cheaper for him to buy
windows than to get a new graphics card I thought he was high, then I
checked UK prices.