Wine 1.0 Status
June 11, 2008
Friends, vintners, penguins, lend me your ears:
We come not to praise Windows, but to celebrate our increasing independence from it.
The final release candidate for Wine 1.0 will appear this Friday, and barring catastrophe, Wine 1.0 itself will be released a few days later.
To those of you whose favorite bug was not fixed, we offer our apologies; time was limited.
We expect to do a 1.0.1 release at some point (1-2 months?) with a few important and conservative bugfixes.
There are no open 1.0 bugs.
1.0 bugs fixed since May 27th:
- 11509 Wordviewer 2003 is unable to open documents encrypted with AES
- 12097 Wine 1.0 should not ship out-of-sync resource translations
- 12246 "make test" gives different results with and without warn+heap
- 13139 Office 2003 install aborts in RC1
- 13277 Return to Mysterious Island crashes
1.0 bugs deferred to 1.0.1 since May 27th:
- 11584 Multiple games crash with stack overflow error
- 12307 firefox 3 crash on some web pages [dogfood]
- 13143 XIM patch prevents wine-0.9.60 and later to run
- 13740 winebrowser gets wrong URL, problem with unicode
1.0 bugs deferred to 1.2.0 since May 27th:
- 124 Review of Wine Server Protocol
- 3023 Orcad - "Place Part" never tries to put down a part
- 5163 Office XP 2002 crashes on installation
- 5402 Trying to run PhotoStitch 3.1
- 5535 Planescape:Torment doesn't work
- 6095 MOTD in counter-strike 1.6 and counter-strike source does not render
- 6519 Wine blacks out rotated font bitmap
- 7404 ShowWindow(SW_MINIMIZE) should not generate a WM_PAINT message
- 8439 Visual Studio .NET (7) install fails
- 8783 USB serial ports do not work
- 9771 Steam Friends doesn't work (fails to render correctly or refresh)
- 9787 Warcraft3 Battle.net Doesn't work (Needs AcceptEx)
- 9916 "make test" usually fails
- 10147 Word Viewer 2003 - Tab behavior differs from Windows
- 10288 wine_gecko download hangs sometimes
- 11281 CJK input many issues
- 12005 Regression in pressure sensitivity with wizardpen tablet driver and Photoshop 7
- 12074 The conformance tests fail on Windows
- 12730 gdi32: some tests fail when X is run in 16 bit mode, but not 32 bit
- 13071 Flashplayer crashes in a quartz bug