Latest news in the Wine community.
More news can be found in our
World Wine News Archive
Wine 1.5.6 Released
June 8, 2012
The Wine development release 1.5.6 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Automatic installation of the Mono add-on package.
- Control panel applet for joysticks.
- Device bitmap rendering now done through the DIB engine.
- Support for video rendering through DirectX (VMR-9).
- First steps towards a D3D shader compiler.
- Build fixes for DragonFly BSD.
- Various bug fixes.
The source is available now.
Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.