June 7, 2013
The Wine development release 1.6-rc1 is now available.
This is the first release candidate for the upcoming Wine 1.6. It marks the beginning of the code freeze period. Please give this release a good testing to help us make 1.6 as good as possible.
What's new in this release:
- New implementation of the typelib creation support.
- GLSL-based support for fixed function vertex shaders.
- Support for desktop launchers in virtual desktop mode.
- Fixes for Japanese vertical text.
- New Croatian translation.
- Various bug fixes.