Wine 2.1 Released
February 3, 2017
The Wine development release 2.1 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Many fixes that were deferred during code freeze.
- More Shader Model 5 instructions.
- A number of improvements to MIME message handling.
- Line breaking improvements in DirectWrite.
- HID bus service now running by default.
- Direct2D rendering improvements.
- Various bug fixes.
- Source release tarballs now use xz compression.
The source is available now.
Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.