Wine 3.0-rc1 Released
December 8, 2017
The Wine development release 3.0-rc1 is now available.
This is the first release candidate for the upcoming Wine 3.0. It marks the beginning of the code freeze period. There have been many last minute changes, so please give this release a good testing to help us make 3.0 as good as possible.
What's new in this release:
- Direct3D 11 enabled by default on AMD and Intel GPUs.
- AES encryption support on macOS.
- Implementation of the task scheduler.
- Registry export support in the reg.exe tool.
- Progman DDE support.
- OLE data cache improvements.
- More event support in MSHTML.
- Relay debugging improvements.
- Various bug fixes.
The source is available now.
Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.