Wine 4.0-rc1 Released
December 7, 2018
The Wine development release 4.0-rc1 is now available.
This is the first release candidate for the upcoming Wine 4.0. It marks the beginning of the code freeze period. There have been many last minute changes, so please give this release a good testing to help us make 4.0 as good as possible.
What's new in this release:
- Preloader implemented on mac OS.
- Mouse cursor support on Android.
- Updates to the timezone database.
- Vulkan support updated to the latest spec.
- Stream I/O support in WebServices.
- Better palette support in WindowsCodecs.
- Synchronization objects support for kernel drivers.
- Various bug fixes.
The source is available now.
Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.