Latest news in the Wine community.
More news can be found in our
World Wine News Archive
Wine 4.6 Released
April 12, 2019
The Wine development release 4.6 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Beginnings of a Vulkan backend for WineD3D.
- Support for loading Mono libraries from a shared location.
- Libwine.dll no longer needed when using Wine DLLs on Windows.
- Regression tests compiled directly to PE format.
- Support for the Split Button Common Control.
- Complex structs support in the typelib marshaller.
- Video capture ported to Video4Linux version 2.
- Initial version of the Debug Engine DLL.
- Various bug fixes.
The source is available now.
Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.