Latest news in the Wine community.
More news can be found in our
World Wine News Archive
Wine 8.0-rc1 Released
December 9, 2022
The Wine development release 8.0-rc1 is now available.
This is the first release candidate for the upcoming Wine 8.0. It marks the beginning of the yearly code freeze period. Please give this release a good testing and report any issue that you find, to help us make the final 8.0 as good as possible.
What's new in this release:
- Bundled vkd3d upgraded to version 1.6.
- Vulkan and OpenGL thunking optimizations.
- More support for print processors.
- Improved joystick control panel.
- Long types printf format conversion finished.
- Various bug fixes.
The source is available now.
Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.