recording sound?

James Hatheway james at macadamian.com
Wed Feb 7 08:09:03 CST 2001

> The most interesting piece for me seems to be where it says:
>
>   fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type WAVEAUDIO.
>   If you don't have a windows installation accessible from Wine,
>   you perhaps forgot to create a [mci] section in system.ini
>
> Then again, the reason I could find that interesting is that I have no
> idea what it means :-).  It seems to be pointing out that I'm missing
> something, but I don't know if that peticular message is relevent.

Hi Thomas,

I've seen this problem before.  You probably don't have a system.ini
file in your designated WINE 'c:\windows' directory.  (This is configured
in your ~/.wine/config)

Create a file in there called system.ini, and you need at least the following
two lines:

[mci]
waveaudio=mciwave.drv

You can see a sample in CVSROOT/documentation/samples/system.ini

-James

--
James Hatheway
Software Designer - Macadamian Technologies, Inc.

  "Man könnte froh sein, wenn die Luft so rein wäre wie das Bier"
  "One could be happy if the air were as pure as the beer"