flaky regression(?) - patch.py?id=1012510895681951425038278

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 6 16:22:07 CST 2002

> I would like to know if/how it is possible to set a watchpoint from
> inside, say, a Winelib program (without any UI involved until the
> watchpoint trips), but don't waste a lot of your time on it if it's not.
normally yes. start your program from the debugger, then set your
watch * <addr>
watch <id>
if id is known (it could be complex expression), then size of watchpoint
(1, 2, 4) should be set according to size of <id>
then run your program (you may need to set temporary bp:s to be able
to know where to set the watchpoint)

> The ability to recall and edit the last command (the one I just
> fat-fingered) would be nice.  :-)
if run though wineconsole (at least), most emacs commands work.
So Ctrl-P recalls last command and allows you to edit it (it would
be possible to use the regular windows arrows and such, but the
trigger isn't set in the debugger)

Eric Pouech (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.pouech/)
"The future will be better tomorrow", Vice President Dan Quayle