warcraft 3

Bobby Bingham uhmmmm at ameritech.net
Thu Jul 4 18:53:02 CDT 2002

After buying Warcraft 3, and reading on the mailing list that the beta had
worked under wine, I decided to try the final version under wine.  It installed
fine, but won't run.  Or rather, when I try to run it, it prints this out, and
just sits there:

fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not supported
fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not supported
fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer support MIDI in. Not supported yet (please report)

I don't know much about the various debug messages, but if I run it with
--debugmsg +relay, i see thousands upon thousands of lines like this:

0809c7f8:Call ntdll.dll.RtlEnterCriticalSection(403e0534) ret=40bf1e46
0809c7f8:Ret  ntdll.dll.RtlEnterCriticalSection() retval=00000000 ret=40bf1e46

over and over, with these occasionally interspersed:

0809c7f8:Call kernel32.dll.GetTickCount() ret=40bf2013
0809c7f8:Ret  kernel32.dll.GetTickCount() retval=00001f07 ret=40bf2013

now, how would one go about debugging this.  It doesn't seem as convenient as
just crashing in one specific function and bringing up the debugger ...

Thanks,
Bobby Bingham