Graphical Configuration-Tool for wine.conf

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Jul 6 17:21:43 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 12:44:58AM +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm one of two web-masters of www.linux-wine.de . Many people in our
> forum asked for a graphical frontend to the wine.config.
Ah.

> And because google didnt find anything, I've just wrote a prototype. Its
Huh ? winesetup(tk) has been known for ages...
(http://wine.codeweavers.com etc.)

But a second program for this kind of task is always a good idea anyway.

> My problem is, that I dont know all options of the config-file. Till now
> I only implemented the options which stands in my wine-config, including
> the ;-Entries. Only the specific-program settings are not iplemented,
> its too hard to make this part GUI-based (I'm so sorry, but my english
> is terrible). Is there somewhere an overview over all avaible options?
Well, the second-best reference is the Wine User Guide.
The best reference is the Wine source, of course ;-)

> May I ask wine-questions for this tool at this list?
Of course.

Hmm, I thought that "Chanel" was some kind of perfume brand ? ;-)
I also thought that Windows dialogs usually have "OK" and "Cancel" ?

--
Microsoft Licensing 6.0: "Pay us now in advance, so that we can own you later."