Road to 0.9

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Tue Mar 19 13:04:30 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 12:15, Michael Cardenas wrote:

> I think this will really bring us a long way to having a stable wine.
>
> Does anyone besides lawson have a pet application that they use all the
> time?

FWIW, Just about every FoxPro v5 or v6 -based app that I try behaves the
same.   I don't except to NOT deal with FoxPro anytime soon..

> Any volunteers?
Aye..  I can yell when something breaks.

How much info should 'The List' be innundated with?  It's been
acknowledged that 'other' wine distros have better support for 'X', even
if it's not a clean implementation.  For example, I can install Visual
FoxPro 5 and 6 runtimes through Crossover 1.1.0, but not WineHQ wine.
Do you want all variations/discoveries?

Rick

> James Hatheway wrote:
>
> >>C. Testing apps? I have no real idea what you mean.
> >>

> >Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear, I just typed in
> >word for word my brief shorthand notes :)
> >
> >Basically, the idea that we had was the concept of getting users
> >to volunteer to "own" an app, ie. responsible for yelling when
> >we break an app.  This already sort of happens, but never
> >in a formal way.  We never decided the details, but I envisiage
> >having one person volunteering to each test their favourite app on every
> >release and filing bugs. (in a way that is helpful, we'll have docs for that)
> >

> >-James

Rick Romero
IT Manager
Valeo, Inc.	ph: 262.685.4841