Wine 0.8 TODO v0.1

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Nov 1 14:35:40 CST 2002

On November 1, 2002 01:38 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Oh, if you allow using native dlls that the app installs then things
> are easier; I thought you wanted to make things work with builtins
> only. But then you cannot ignore the dll overrides problem, you need
> to tweak the overrides just right for every app, and make sure you get
> the correct version of every native dlls (for the same native dll some
> versions work and some don't).

Good point. Tweaking the dll overrides is a big NO-NO. We should look
for apps that run with the current Wine default overrides:

[DllOverrides]
; some dlls you may want to change
"oleaut32"     = "builtin, native"
"ole32"        = "builtin, native"
"commdlg"      = "builtin, native"
"comdlg32"     = "builtin, native"
"shell"        = "builtin, native"
"shell32"      = "builtin, native"
"shfolder"     = "builtin, native"
"shlwapi"      = "builtin, native"
"shdocvw"      = "builtin, native"
"advapi32"     = "builtin, native"
"msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
"mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"
"mcianim.drv"  = "native, builtin"
; you can specify applications too
; this one will apply for all notepad.exe
;"*notepad.exe" = "native, builtin"
; this one will apply only for a particular file
;"C:\\windows\\regedit.exe" = "native, builtin"
; default for all other dlls
"*" = "builtin, native"

Hopefully we can switch msvcrt, mciavi.drv, and mcianim.drv to
"builtin, native", as well. What are we missing to do that, BTW?

--
Dimi.