notepad and richedit - why?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Nov 6 22:55:30 CST 2002

"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il> wrote:

> I'm trying to revamp notepad a little. In particular, I'm trying to add
> the "select font" option to it. This is problematic under the RICHEDIT
> control, as each character there can, potentially, have it's own font.
>
> In addition to that, I see such programs as an important tool to unit
> test various components (in this case - the edit control). As a result,
> I am wondering whether anyone minds renaming the current notepad to
> "wordpad", and letting me convert notepad back to EDIT, and add the
> missing stuff? I promise to get around to wordpad later on.

Personally I don't see the point of having two distinct applications
with almost the same basic functionality. I'd suggest to have some flag
in notepad which represents current text format and behave accordingly.

Something like this:
If plain text - enable font selection menu item and change the whole
text font. Otherwise, disable font selection at all.

--
Dmitry.