Help support

Ender winedev at admdev.com
Fri Nov 8 08:08:17 CST 2002

WINE already comes with a very very basic WinHelp program, but it needs
several large pieces of work done before it'd be useful:

 - Implementation of HLP95EN, or at least Dynalink support in
HLPFILE_AddParagraph to call and process results from a native HLP95EN.dll

 - Basic MACRO support

 - CHM support, which is what most recent method of bundling help. CHM is
basically a bundle of HTML files, which makes things slightly easier...

Basic CHM format is documented here, along with a GPL'ed extraction
program (Which didn't work last time I tried it, but looks sound in
theory):   http://www.speakeasy.org/~russotto/chm/

Again, like the external dependency on CabExtract, this would rely on
either someone managing to get a relicensed version of a LZX
decompressor... or writing one of their own.

 - Ender