Help support

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 8 12:00:28 CST 2002

Ender a écrit :

> WINE already comes with a very very basic WinHelp program, but it needs
> several large pieces of work done before it'd be useful:
>
>  - Implementation of HLP95EN, or at least Dynalink support in
> HLPFILE_AddParagraph to call and process results from a native HLP95EN.dll
>
>  - Basic MACRO support
I have this on my todo list. it would be possible to implement a wine
specific message passing between WinHelp API and wine's builtin winhlp32
however, it would be rather difficult to support all the ways windows
handles this (it does it differently in Win9x, NT...), so support of
native winhlp32 (and winhelp) will not be provided

>  - CHM support, which is what most recent method of bundling help. CHM is
> basically a bundle of HTML files, which makes things slightly easier...
CHM is not supported by winhelp but by a specific OCX (hh the regular
chm help viewer is basically: 1/ a decompressor 2/ an interface to an
html viewer, that we don't have either)
so, chm support is far from sight

A+