dsl file for sgml faq

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Mon Nov 11 18:02:39 CST 2002

Dimitrie O. Paun a écrit:

>On November 10, 2002 11:25 pm, Vincent Béron wrote:
>

>>Dimitrie, the actual HTML code is rather ugly in it's source
>>presentation, so don't hand-edit it :P Anyway, it's not meant to be
>>hand-edited, that's what sgml and docbook are for. The layout is exactly
>>what you already have, although with some small modifications to the
>>layout the dsl file can be alot simpler.
>>

>Good stuff. Looked over it, looks good. I don't particularly like
>breaking the faq into different files, but that's minor.
>
>The problem is of course that the .dsl files looks very...complicated :)
>It raises the bar quite a bit as compared to the HTML markup, but if
>people are so hot about SGML, so be it.

The dsl file is not meant to be changed often. But it's still there that
you need to change stuff to change the translation of docbook tags to
HTML tags. It could be simplified (read: we could use more docbook
default elements), but it would change a bit the layout of the FAQ. See
my comments in faq.dsl for the purpose of each element, and try removing
some to see if the result is still "good".

>>Tony, you can begin the transition if Dimitrie likes it (and when you
>>have the time to).
>>

>I say we do this:
>  1. incorporate whatever changes people see necessary in the next few days
>  2. push the current HTML FAQ to WineHQ
>  3. start the HTML->SGML conversion
>
>With these in mind:
>  -- if you have suggestions, complaints, etc. please voice them now

Actually, since it'll be converted from sgml to html, the layout
complaints/improvements can come later: it will only minimally impact
the sgml. I can (and probably will :) maintain the dsl file.

>  -- Jeremy, when can we get the FAQ on the site?

Vincent