dsl file for sgml faq

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Nov 14 12:25:02 CST 2002

Tony Lambregts a écrit:
> I have been fighting with trying to get your sample built on my system.
> The end point for me seems to be that in order to use your faq.dsl I
> need docbook DTD 4.2. RedHat 7.2 has  Docbook 3.0 through 4.1 but  4.1
> just does not cut it.
>
> jade:../faq.dsl:50:24:E: reference to undefined variable
> "$generate-article-lot-list$"
>
> The sgml tools  site  has only 3.0/2
>
> So I feel very THICK  and ned some enlightenment  on what direction to
> take either.
>
> 1) It seems pointless to rely on something (docBook 4.2 DTD) that is
> difficult to get, so no one will use it so, no one will maintain the FAQ.

Silly me, not thinking about others. It runs fine with docbook 3.1
(modify the doctype at top of wine-faq.sgml) if you remove the
articleinfo pair (but you can keep the title).

> 2) I am THICK and I it will be quickly apparent what I should do once I
> have more informatioin.

You're NOT thick! It's just that I do things here (on my machine), and I
don't always check if it would work on other machines.

Vincent