Wine with .NET?

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Mon Nov 18 07:28:11 CST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 03:14, Mike Hearn wrote:

>         To be completely honest, I knew I was pushing when I asked for
>         the Visual Studio IDE to run with Wine, however, that just goes
>         to show how serious I am to scrap my dependency on the M$
>         products as a whole.  And, even if it DID work, I would still
>         need a clean Win32 OS running somewhere to be able to compile
>         and package any applications.
>
> Hmm, so you want to scrap your dependancy on Microsoft products but
> still use .NET, Visual Studio and still write Windows apps? ;)

I know I sound like a broken record, but just so it's out there:

Visual Foxpro 5 and 6 IDE's DO run under Wine, BUT, left mouse clicks in
child windows are broken.  I've compiled and run VFP apps under wine,
but it's a pain in the butt to go kybd only in a Visual IDE :P

Rick

Rick Romero
IT Manager
Valeo, Inc.	ph: 262.695.4841