the dreaded rpcss patch (rpc_J_PL0)

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Mon Nov 18 21:18:22 CST 2002

On Monday 18 November 2002 05:48 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> A few things:
>
> - Please don't name files 'kludge_something'; this makes it
> impossible to implement things properly without renaming files.

ok.  since it's a possibility to keep the named pipes kludge for local
RPCs even once we do have a proper implementation, this is an
especially sensible request.

> - Don't share C files between rpcrt4 and rpcss, just copy the stuff
>   you need

hmm... for the named pipe client-side functionality this seems like it
would create an awfully large amount of code duplication... can I
export these from a dll somewhere?  or could I just put them in
rpcss_shared.h?  the prospect of keeping two identical units in sync
seems awkward.

> (and at least atomicity.c doesn't seem necessary at all,
> you could just as well make mutex calls directly).

I guess you are right, not sure why I did it that way...

> - Please get rid of the various #ifdefs.
> - It would be better to put the README documentation directly in
>   rpcss_main.c, people don't notice README files in subdirectories.

10-4.  Let me know if you have any suggestions about the code
duplication thing and I'll fix these things up and resubmit.

--
gmt

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things;
the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic
feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much
worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing
to fight; nothing he cares about more than his own
personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no
chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the
exertions of better persons than himself."

-- John Stuart Mill