WineHQ FTP (

Kye Lewis kyethespy at
Tue Nov 19 03:28:51 CST 2002

It just seems odd, as this FTP site worked fine with internet explorer
before. - no errors at all.

Kye Lewis
kyethespy at

-----Original Message-----
From: wine-devel-admin at [mailto:wine-devel-admin at]
On Behalf Of Keith Matthews
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 8:32 PM
To: wine devel <
Subject: Re: WineHQ FTP (

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:29:09 +1100
"Kye Lewis" <kyethespy at> wrote:

> Hi,
> While trying to connect to the wineHQ ftp site, I am getting the
> following error with IE6:
> 200	Type set to A.
> 500	Illegal PORT command.
> 500	LPRT not understood

Don't know about the last error, but the illegal PORT is typically seen
when trying to use active FTP from behind a firewall that does not
support it.

Command-line MS FTP clients don't support passive mode and I have heard
reports that IE does not also. If that is the problem you'll have to
switch to a Linux box or find a windows FTP client that supports