Pegasus Mail 4.02 ('Silver' App)

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Wed Nov 20 19:10:45 CST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 16:07, Dustin Navea wrote:
> [...]
I am far from an expert in OS function here, but I can say I've used
Pegasus Mail since Win95, right through to XP, used that option, and
never had an issue.
> The whole issue is
> that SW_HIDE is called after the window is minimized, then when restored
> SW_SHOW is not called because we arent supposed to receive a MapNotify, and
> so it shows the window decoration (because the way the WM's handle windows)
> and not the contents because they are still hidden.  But I guarantee that if
> this was windows and it was doing this same thing, it wouldnt even show the
> decoration because to windows the decoration and the contents are all the
> same thing...

If things are called out of order, it's been broken in Windows for that
long. :(   (or I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, which  is very
possible)

> My point is that we should apply this hack until proper handling is
> implemented, as I dont personally forsee anything getting messed up by it.
> Maybe apply it but with an if to see if the window is hidden would be a
> better patch, but thats about the only change I can see fit to it aside from
> holding off until proper iconification is implemented, which would not be in
> wine's best interests IMHO.

I don't like being the one to introduce a hack, so FWIW, Pegasus Mail
only requires the patch I attached.  If this works for Duane also,
excellent, I assume you'd want to keep the hack to a minimum.

Rick