RFC: console & curses

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 21 12:48:45 CST 2002

> Grr.  Maybe I should go look at last year's ttydrv to see how
> to do it properly :-)
most of the curses loading is protected by ifdef:s
(btw curses inclusion is 2 years and 8 months old... perhaps you didn't
have the curse-devel package installed by then)
did you try recompiling wine with --without-curses option in configure ?

> Actually, what I'd like to see is a way to specify the driver to
> use on the wine commandline.  It's bogus to have to have
> a separate .wine directory to do that...
it would be a better fix, as Alexandre noted, to let true CUI apps run
without user/gdi support, rather than tweaking every possible bit

A+