RFC: console & curses

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Nov 21 13:20:19 CST 2002

On November 21, 2002 01:55 pm, Eric Pouech wrote:
> >   4. I would love to be able to choose the terminal that's started.
> >      That is, instead of having wineconsole pop up, wouldn't it
> >      be cool if konsole/gnome-terminal/rxvt/xterm/etc would be
> >      fired up depending on desktop-environment/user preference?
>
> this would rather we choosen by the user with
> xterm -e 'wine foo.exe bar' or
> rxvt -e 'wine foo.exe bar' or

Sure, that's the initial invocation. But beyond that, what if
I run a a windows app, and that one starts a command line app?
In that case, I don't want wineconsole to pop up, but rather
my console of choice. A common example is winedbg: it starts up
in wineconsole, but I'd rather have it start in konsole...

It looks like another registry entry...

--
Dimi.