Listview

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Oct 4 10:52:28 CDT 2002

On October 4, 2002 11:10 am, Paul Rupe wrote:
> If you mean the way it redraws only the part covered by the previous menu
> and blanks the rest of the window, that is new.

Fixed in K6. Give it a try.

>  Also switching to and from virtual desktops (so the whole app is redrawn)
> sometimes gives you a blank window, but not always.

Most likely the same bug. Scrolling was also affected.

> I'm eager to see if the performance improves after all your changes too.
> The app draws itself nearly instantaneously in Win98, but has always been
> sluggish in Wine and I could never figure out where the bottleneck was.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised (once the bugs get fixed :)).

Try this: get listview 1.138. Now, get a lot of newsgroups
(like All of them), and scroll by continuously pressing the up or down
arrow on the scroll bar. Watch the flickering. Now to the same with
the latest patches. Also, notice how snappy the newsgroup windows shows
up now. Refreshes should be faster now as well.

We're not gonna feel as fast as Windows, that's that. But we shouldn't
be dogs either. Please let me know if you find some things sluggish,
or just plain broken.

--
Dimi.