Direct3D v8 and Xbox Linux

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Sep 11 15:04:17 CDT 2002

> Well, Linux already runs on the Xbox, and the Xbox uses Direct3D. I suppose
> that there will be some hackers interested in writing Linux games to run on
> the Xbox, so it might be a good idea to join efforts, or to find some other
> programmers also interested in helping out implementing Direct3D in Wine.

I really do not understand your way of thinking... We are NOT implementing
Direct3D support in Wine to encourage people to use this API (they should
use OpenGL) but only to enable people to play existing Windows games on
Linux.

Care to enlighten me as to how Direct3D support in Wine would help them ?

                    Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/