Porting to OpenBSD 3.4-beta

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 18:00:08 CDT 2003

--- Dan Brosemer <odin at cleannorth.org> wrote:
> First, if this is the wrong list for this, I appologize and please point me
> at the correct list.
>
> I have been trying to port Wine, WineX, or ReWind to OpenBSD 3.4-beta for
> the past week.  I've made the most progress with ReWind, so that is what
> this post will focus on.
>
> Where I'm stumbling right now, I believe, is in the dll loader:
>
> odin at sleipnir:p6[~/.wine/c]$ wine windows/Sol.exe
> err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll ntdll.dll still not
> found - library environment problem or version conflict, check your setup.
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) ntdll.dll (which is needed by
> wine) not found
>
> Now, it _is_ actually loading libntdll.so, I can see this with ktrace:
>
>    181 wine     NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/libntdll.so"
>    181 wine     RET   open 3
>    181 wine     CALL  read(0x3,0xcfbefdbc,0x1000)
>    181 wine     GIO   fd 3 read 4088 bytes
>        "\^?ELF\^A\^A\^A\0\0\0\0\0\0  ......
>
> I see that message is in relay32/builtin32.c, printed if MODULE_FindModule
> returns nothing.
>
> In MODULE_FindModule in this loop:
>     for ( wm = MODULE_modref_list; wm; wm = wm->next )
>     {
>     }
>
> I added a printf("MOD: %s\n", wm->modname);  which prints out "MOD: wine"
> four times before the error message above.
>
> I'm curious how MODULE_modref_list is seeded.  That's where I think I'll
> find a clue to my problem.  Could anyone give me some pointers?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt we change the build process so that the
dll's are built as (i.e.) libntdll.DLL.so?  If that is true, I'm not sure,
but could that have anything to do with it?

=====
--
Dustin Navea

Minor Contributor, http://www.winehq.com
Bugzilla Janitor, http://bugs.winehq.com
Network Admin, irc://irc.blynk.net (down)