Add root drive mapping to default config file

wine at wine at
Tue Jun 3 17:32:14 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 11:46 am, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> My RPMs have a Z drive mapped to /, marked as "network" drive. The network
> drive mark usually make programs refrain from creating Z:\files.
> I don't really see a problem, except a virus might go and scan
> the whole UNIX system including NFS trees. But the risk is low, and
> benefits are greater.
That makes a whole lot of sense to me - I installed wine because there are
some windows programs I find useful, I don't want to only be able to use them
if I've put the files I want them to work on in the "right" place. I find it
annoying enough that windows won't let me CD to a UNC directory.

For people who are using Wine to play games I can see that a totally different
approach makes sense - for them a sandbox that the game runs in is a perfect

Maybe that is why we are having trouble reaching a consensus here