Anyone working on ListView?

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Mar 11 07:14:22 CST 2003

On March 11, 2003 01:41 am, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:

> 1. Vertical Scroll boundaries are not set properly in Icon and SmallIcon
> modes. I hacked this one but it's not correct - still missing about 10-20
> pixels. Not sure why.

I know, there was on previous bug report about it. Feel free to submit a
patch. In general, Icon and SmallIcon modes have more problems than the
Report and List modes :(

> 2. ACDSee's Big Icons mode doesn't show anything at
> all. Not sure what the problem here. It looks like it is possible to select
> something with keyboard. But still nothing on on the screen.

Odd -- you'll need to debug this a little. Remember, the listview can't
gracefully handle more than 30000 or so items in Icon and SmallIcon mode,
so please test with lists smaller than that.

> 3. ToolTips not implemented. Not that it's so important. But ACDSee using
> them for additional info about images.

Known -- it's in the TODO. I guess this one can wait, there are other
burning problems to solve first :)

> 4. Keyboard navigation in Icon mode is broken. Only right key sorta works.

I know -- keyboard handling has been on my TODO list for some time,
but I did not have the time to investigate. Feel free to work on it.

> 5. Resizing window does not rearrange icons. Only doing "refresh - F5"
> rearranges icons in the proper fashion.

It should. Can you capture a +listview trace of a resizing event?

> 6. Biggest mystery to me - some items missing image names. This happens in
> all modes. ACDSee is using callbacks for text/images. So I'm not sure where
> the problem is. There are some activity going on with all file names
> according to trace:string. But GetDispInfo returns blanks. Although
> thumbnails and preview are displayed properly.

Hmmm. This is strange, it shouldn't do that. Are the missing names
always the same?

> 7. In Icon & SmallIcon mouse wheel is reversed.

Try the obvious fix, see if that works :)

> Basically (1)&(6) are major show stoppers. (4)&(5) needs to be there to
> make it usable.

True. If you have patches, post them to the list, so we can discuss them.

> There is two more mysteries in ACDSee - TreeView. It's entries are not
> sorted! But they are under Win. And those folders that don't have names in
> ListView shown properly in TreeView.

Our treeview is not perfect :) Let's deal with the listview first,
it's enough to keep us busy for a while ;).

--
Dimi.