How to add a new DLL?

Joerg Mayer jmayer at
Sat May 3 17:43:13 CDT 2003

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 11:30:49PM +0200, Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:
> I was just trying to add a new dll to wine (w95in32.dll and w95inf16.dll). In
> order to achieve this I looked into some other dlls and copied the Makefile
> and The I created the specfile for the dll and adjusted the
> Makefile. At least that was what I think I did, but it always complains that I
> have to run configure. So I adjusted configure as well and rerun it, but i
> stil get this error. Is there somewhere an explanation so I can look how I
> have to configure The Makefile will be generated from this
> through configure, right?

You don't need to copy the Makefile (Makefile is generated from
when you run configure). In order for configure to know it has to create
the file it must to to do so. configure itself is not created by hand but
created by autoconf from the file.
So what you have to to is add the new Makefile to - search for
Then you need to run autoconf (no arguments required but we require a version
>=2.53).  After that you need to rerun ./configure <options> (or
./config-status --recheck && ./config.status).

Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer at>